Veal tonkatsu with pickled vegetables
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook veal for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Set aside on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Place cabbage, carrot and radishes in a large bowl. Combine vinegar and sugar in a small bowl, season and drizzle over vegetables. Toss to coat and set aside.
- Combine kecap manis, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce and garlic powder in a bowl. Stir well until combined.
- Serve veal with tonkatsu sauce, pickled vegetables, rice and coriander sprigs.
- You can buy pre-made tonkatsu sauce at supermarkets or Asian grocers.
- Add cucumber ribbons or green onions to the pickled vegetables.
- Alternatively, cook schnitzels in the oven. Preheat oven to 200°C (180° fan-forced).
- Place schnitzels on a preheated tray in the centre of the oven, lightly spray with oil and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway, or until cooked through.