Wok tossed hoisin veal, Asian vegetables & noodles
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Serves 4
- 400g veal stir-fry strips
- 440g wok-ready udon noodles
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 3cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 400g fresh pre-packed Asian stir fry vegetables
- 100g shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60ml) hoisin sauce
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
1. Prepare noodles for stir-frying according to packet instructions.
2. Place veal in a large bowl or snap-lock bag, add half the oil and toss to coat. Heat a large wok or non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook veal, in batches, for 1-2 minutes or until browned. Set aside on a plate.
3. Add remaining oil to wok over medium-high heat. Add ginger and onion and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Add stir-fry vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 1 minute. Stir in hoisin sauce and 2 tablespoons water and cook for 1 minute. Return veal and noodles to wok and toss to heat through.
4. Serve veal stir-fry sprinkled with coriander sprigs.
- When stir-frying the meat wait at least 30 seconds before tossing or stir-frying. This gives the meat a chance to brown, giving it good colour and flavour. The second side will take a little less time to cook.
- Once you return the meat to the wok, take care that it does not boil in the liquid or it will toughen. Stir-fry only to combine and warm through.
- You can also use dried udon, soba or ramen noodles prepared according to packet instructions for this recipe.