Veal striploin with diane sauce & watercress salad
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 4 x 250g (approx.) veal bone-in striploin chops
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 eschallots, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp brandy
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- Watercress and avocado salad, shoestring oven fries, to serve
1. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook veal for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat the same frypan over medium heat. Cook garlic and eschallots for 2-3 minutes or until softened. Add Worcestershire sauce, brandy and tomato sauce, stir and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, add cream and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens. Season.
3. Serve veal with diane sauce, salad and fries.
- Veal t-bone would also work well in this recipe.
- You can substitute ½ brown onion for eschallots.
- Add some cooked quinoa to the salad and omit the fries for a healthier option.