Veal stir-fry with sesame rice
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 400g veal stir-fry strips
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g fresh pre-packed stir fry vegetables
- 1/4 cup (60ml) oyster sauce
- 450g family-pack microwave brown rice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Pickled ginger, to serve
1. Place veal in a large bowl or snap-lock bag, add half the oil and toss to coat. Heat a large wok or non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook veal, in batches, for 1-2 minutes or until browned. Set aside on a plate.
2. Add remaining oil to wok over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add stir-fry vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in oyster sauce and 2 tablespoons water and cook for 1 minute. Return veal to wok and toss to heat through.
3. Prepare rice according to packet instructions. Place rice in a large bowl, add sesame oil, sesame seeds and half the onions. Season.
4. Sprinkle veal stir-fry with remaining onions. Serve with rice and pickled ginger.
- When stir-frying the meat wait at least 30 seconds before tossing or stir-frying. This gives the meat a chance to brown, giving it good colour and flavour. The second side will take a little less time to cook.
- Once you return the meat to the wok, take care that it does not boil in the liquid or it will toughen. Stir-fry only to combine and warm through.
- Prepare your own vegetables for stir-frying if desired.