Veal scotch fillet with sage, lemon & chilli
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 500g veal mince
- 1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 wholemeal buns, split, toasted
- 1/4 cup caramelised onion relish
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced
- 60g mixed lettuce leaves +extra, to serve
- Beer-battered oven fries, to serve
1. Place veal in a large snap-lock bag. Add oil, garlic, sage, lemon zest and chilli. Season and rub to coat veal. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook veal for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil for 5 minutes.
2. Serve veal with mash, beans and lemon cheeks.
- Remove seeds from chilli for a milder heat or use birds eye chillies for higher heat.
- Make your own mashed potato or sweet potato mash.
- Any steamed greens would work well e.g. asparagus, snow peas, sugar snaps.