Veal scaloppine with salsa verde
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Serves 4
- 8 veal sizzle steak (approx. 67g each)
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 cup basil leaves +extra, to garnish
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp baby capers, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon + wedges, to serve
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 15g butter
- Mixed salad leaves, sweet potato mash, to serve
1. Place garlic, basil, parsley and capers in a small food processor. Process until finely chopped. With the motor running gradually add oil, reserving 1 tablespoon, and lemon juice and process until combined. Season and set aside.
2. Pat veal dry with paper towel. Season veal and dust with flour, shaking off any excess. Heat remaining oil and butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook veal, in 2 batches, for 1-2 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on plate loosely covered with foil for 5 minutes.
3. Serve veal with salsa verde, extra basil leaves, lemon wedges, salad leaves and sweet potato mash.
- Veal sizzle steak (also called schnitzel) is available at supermarkets and butchers. - Crumb the schnitzel with flour, egg, breadcrumbs and your choice of herbs, if desired. - Use any combination of herbs for the salsa verde – mint or coriander would also work well.