Veal Milanese with green herb salad
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 4 x 100g crumbed veal schnitzel
- 500g microwave baby potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced + extra, to serve
- 120g baby salad leaves
- 2 tbsp parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp mint leaves
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, + extra wedges, to serve
1. Microwave potatoes according to packet instructions. Drain, cool slightly and halve.
2. Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook veal for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Set aside on a plate lined with paper towel.
3. In a large bowl place potatoes, mayonnaise, mustard and onions. Season and toss to coat.
4. In a large bowl place salad leaves and herbs. Drizzle with remaining oil, lemon zest and juice. Season to taste.
5. Serve veal with potato salad sprinkled with extra onions, leaf salad and lemon wedges.
- Use your choice of herbs in the salad – chives, basil and coriander also work well.
- Add some celery and cooked bacon to the potato salad for extra flavour.
- Alternatively, cook schnitzels in the oven. Preheat oven to 200°C (180° fan-forced). Place schnitzels on a preheated tray in the centre of the oven, lightly spray with oil and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, turning halfway, or until cooked through.