Veal medallions with pesto
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Serves 4
- 4 x 125g veal leg medallions
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 175g packets microwave cous cous with vegetables
- 1/2 x 190g jar basil or rocket pesto
- 1/4 cup small basil leaves
- Baby cos and grape tomato salad, lemon wedges, to serve
1. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add medallions and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil for 5 minutes.
2. Prepare cous cous in microwave according to packet instructions.
3. Serve veal with pesto, basil leaves, cous cous, salad and lemon wedges.
- Veal scotch fillet or eye fillet would also work well in this recipe.
- Slice meat and toss everything together for an on-the-go salad.
- For homemade rocket pesto - 1 clove garlic, 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts, 60g baby rocket, zest and juice of 1 lemon, 25g finely grated parmesan, 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil - Place garlic, pine nuts and a pinch of sea salt into a small food processor and process until roughly chopped. Add rocket and pulse until finely chopped. Place in a bowl, stir through lemon juice, zest and parmesan. Gradually pour in oil, stirring to combine. Season.