Veal medallions with green peppercorn sauce
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 4 x 125g veal leg medallions
- 55g can green peppercorns in brine, rinsed, drained
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) beef stock
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- Steamed pumpkin and broccolini, to serve
1. Place peppercorns, vinegar and 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl. Set aside to soak for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook veal for 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil for 5 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low, add peppercorn mixture and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until liquid has nearly evaporated. Add stock and sour cream and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Season.
4. Serve veal with peppercorn sauce, chives, pumpkin and broccolini.
- Veal eye fillet or scotch fillet also works well in this recipe.
- Serve with a simple green salad instead of vegetables, if desired.
- Also delicious served with mashed potato.