Veal eye fillet with brussels sprouts
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 4 x 100g veal eye fillet
- 350g brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves +extra, to serve
- 300g packet fresh microwave cauliflower rice
- Baby spinach leaves, horseradish cream, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180° fan-forced). Place brussels sprouts in a large baking tray, drizzle with half the oil, sprinkle with thyme and season. Toss to coat and cook in oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden and crispy.
2. Meanwhile, brush veal with remaining oil. Season veal and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil for 5 minutes.
3. Prepare cauliflower rice according to packet instructions.
4. Serve veal with brussels sprouts sprinkled with extra thyme, cauliflower rice, baby spinach and horseradish cream.
- Cauliflower rice can be found in the fruit and vegetable aisle of the supermarket.
- Veal leg medallions or scotch fillet are also delicious in this recipe.
- Add some pancetta or lemon zest to the brussels sprouts before roasting for extra flavour.