- Serves 4
Veal meatball sub with tomato sauce
- Place mince, garlic, onion and parsley in a large bowl. Season and mix to combine. Roll tablespoons of mince mixture into balls. Repeat to make 16 meatballs.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs for 4-5 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Set meatballs aside on a plate.
- Fill rolls with rocket, zucchini and meatballs. Top with pasta sauce and parmesan. Serve with extra rocket and lemon wedges.
To make your own roast tomato sauce,
- prick 250g cherry tomatoes with a fork.
- Place on a baking tray with 1 clove crushed garlic and sprinkle with thyme leaves.
- Spray lightly with olive oil, season, toss to coat and roast for 20 minutes or until soft.
- Place in a bowl with 2 tablespoons water.
- Season to taste and stir to combine.
- Add 1 tbsp pine nuts, toasted, to the meatballs, if desired.
- Use any type of pasta sauce or pesto on the sub.