- Serves 4
Lemon parmesan veal schnitzel with coleslaw
- Combine zest, parsley, parmesan and breadcrumbs in a large shallow bowl. Season and stir to combine. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Place egg in a separate shallow bowl. Working with 1 veal piece at a time, toss in flour. Dip in egg mixture, then press in breadcrumb mixture to coat. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook veal, in batches if necessary, for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Set aside on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Place coleslaw in a large bowl, drizzle with remaining lemon juice and oil. Season and toss to coat.
- Serve veal with coleslaw, potatoes and lemon wedges.
- You can make your own coleslaw with shredded cabbage, fennel and carrot – add capers or your choice of chopped herbs for extra flavour.
- Swap parsley for sage, thyme or rosemary.
- Use microwave baby potatoes available in supermarkets as a time saver.