Lemon & parsley veal striploin with smashed beets
- Place veal in a large snap-lock bag and add half the oil, garlic, lemon zest and parsley. Season and rub to coat veal.
- Heat a barbecue or large char-grill pan over medium-high heat. Cook veal for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil for 5 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in same char-grill pan over medium-high heat. Add beetroots and cook, turning once, for 3-4 minutes or until lightly charred.
- In a screw top jar combine lemon juice, yoghurt, tahini and 2 tablespoons water. Season and shake well to combine, adding more water if necessary.
- Serve veal with beetroots drizzled with dressing. Sprinkle with extra parsley and almonds. Serve with asparagus and snow peas.
- Veal t-bone would also work well in this recipe.
- You will find ready to eat beetroots in the fridge section of the fruit and vegetable aisle in supermarkets and greengrocers.
- Add a little honey to the tahini dressing if desired.
- Place beetroots between 2 sheets of baking paper and use a potato masher to gently crush beetroots. Season.