Pepper veal medallions, sweet potato & spinach
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- 4 x 125g (approx.) veal salt and pepper rump medallions
- 2 small sweet potatoes (400g), scrubbed, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp rosemary leaves, finely chopped + extra sprigs, to serve
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 200g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 large bunch English spinach, roughly chopped
- Lime wedges, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC (180º fan-forced). Place sweet potatoes on a large baking tray, drizzle with half the oil and sprinkle with rosemary and coriander. Season and toss to coat. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until golden and tender.
2. Meanwhile, lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook veal for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil for 5 minutes.
3. Add remaining oil to same pan and reheat over medium-high heat. Cook garlic and chilli for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Add spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes or until wilted. Season.
4. Serve veal with sweet potato, spinach mixture, extra rosemary and lime wedges.
- Veal scotch fillet or eye fillet will also work well in this recipe.
- Swap homemade sweet potato wedges for oven baked sweet potato fries.
- Silverbeet or Asian greens of choice can be substituted for spinach.