Lemon parmesan veal schnitzel with coleslaw
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 4 x 100g veal schnitzel steak
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon + extra wedges, to serve
- 2 tbsp parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 25g parmesan, finely grated
- 3/4 cup (105g) panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 400g pre-pack coleslaw
- Steamed chat potatoes, to serve
1. Combine zest, parsley, parmesan and breadcrumbs in a large shallow bowl. Season and stir to combine. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Place egg in a separate shallow bowl. Working with 1 veal piece at a time, toss in flour. Dip in egg mixture, then press in breadcrumb mixture to coat. Transfer to a plate.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook veal, in batches if necessary, for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Set aside on a plate lined with paper towel.
3. Place coleslaw in a large bowl, drizzle with remaining lemon juice and oil. Season and toss to coat.
4. Serve veal with coleslaw, potatoes and lemon wedges.
- You can make your own coleslaw with shredded cabbage, fennel and carrot
– add capers or your choice of chopped herbs for extra flavour.
- Swap parsley for sage, thyme or rosemary.
- Use microwave baby potatoes available in supermarkets as a time saver.