Barbecued veal eye fillet with rocket & quinoa salad
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- 4 x 100g veal eye fillet
- 2 x 250g packets microwave red quinoa
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 120g baby rocket
- 2 small pears, cored, thinly sliced
- 150gm green beans, halved
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup (85g) fresh ricotta
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
1. Cook quinoa according to packet instructions and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine half the oil, oregano and chilli flakes. Pat veal dry with paper towel. Brush with marinade and season. Heat barbecue or char-grill pan over medium-high heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil for 5 minutes.
3. In a large bowl place quinoa, rocket, pears and beans. Drizzle over remaining oil and vinegar, season and toss to coat. Top salad with dollops of ricotta and mint leaves.
4. Serve veal with quinoa salad.
- Swap apple for pears, asparagus for beans, goats cheese or feta cheese for ricotta.
- Use any type of quinoa for this recipe.