Barbecued veal scotch fillet with herb chermoula
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Serves 4
- 4 x 125g veal scotch fillet
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped + extra sprigs, to serve
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 long green chilli, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato (400g), peeled, cut into thin rounds
- 100g baby rocket
- Coriander sprigs and lime wedges, to serve
1. Microwave potatoes according to packet instructions. Drain, cool slightly and halve.
2. Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook veal for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Set aside on a plate lined with paper towel.
3. In a large bowl place potatoes, mayonnaise, mustard and onions. Season and toss to coat.
4. In a large bowl place salad leaves and herbs. Drizzle with remaining oil, lemon zest and juice. Season to taste.
5. Serve veal with potato salad sprinkled with extra onions, leaf salad and lemon wedges.
- Use your choice of herbs in the salad – chives, basil and coriander also work well.
- Add some celery and cooked bacon to the potato salad for extra flavour.
- Alternatively, cook schnitzels in the oven. Preheat oven to 200°C (180° fan-forced). Place schnitzels on a preheated tray in the centre of the oven, lightly spray with oil and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, turning halfway, or until cooked through.