Barbecued veal scotch fillet with herb chermoula
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Serves 4
- 4 x 125g veal scotch fillet
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped + extra sprigs, to serve
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 long green chilli, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato (400g), peeled, cut into thin rounds
- 100g baby rocket
- Coriander sprigs and lime wedges, to serve
1. In a small food processor place garlic, parsley, coriander, spices, chilli, lemon zest and lemon juice. Process until finely chopped. With motor running, add oil, reserving 1 tablespoon, in a steady stream until smooth. Season.
2. Pat veal dry with paper towel, brush with remaining oil and season. Heat a barbecue or char-grill pan over medium-high heat. Cook veal for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil for 5 minutes.
3. Spray barbecue or char-grill pan lightly with oil and reheat over high heat. Cook sweet potato for 10 minutes, turning regularly, or until tender.
4. Serve veal steaks with chermoula, sweet potato, baby rocket, coriander sprigs and lime wedges.
- This recipe is also perfect for veal leg medallions or eye fillet.
- Add some quinoa or cous cous to the meal, if desired.
- Slice veal and combine all ingredients together for an on-the-go salad.