Barbecued pepper veal medallions with sumac yoghurt dressing
Perfect for celebrating with family & friends
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- 4 x 125g (approx.) veal salt and pepper rump medallions
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bunch baby carrots, scrubbed, trimmed, halved
- 2 baby cos lettuce, quartered into wedges
- 150g sugar snaps, trimmed
- 1/2 cup (130g) Greek yoghurt
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp sumac +extra, to sprinkle
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
1 Place oil, garlic, carrots, lettuce and sugar snaps in a large bowl. Season and toss to coat.
2. Heat a barbecue or large char-grill pan over medium-high heat. Cook carrots for 8-10 minutes or until tender; cook lettuce and sugar snaps for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Set vegetables aside in a large bowl.
3. Lightly spray the same barbecue or char-grill pan with oil and reheat over medium-high heat. Cook veal for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil for 5 minutes.
4. In a small bowl combine yoghurt, lemon zest and juice and sumac. Season.
5. Serve veal with vegetables drizzled with yoghurt dressing, topped with coriander sprigs and sprinkled with extra sumac, if desired.
- Veal scotch fillet or eye fillet will also work well in this recipe.
- Sprinkle vegetables with toasted nuts of your choice – macadamias, pistachios or almonds.
- Swap baby cos for radicchio and sugar snaps for asparagus.